Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Border Wars or COPS?

Talk about an ongoing dilemma. A few days ago National Geographic premiered their new series Border Wars. I really didn't know what to expect from this show but then the my dismay I realized this show made Mexicans look like the bad guy. In fact, I agree with Guanabee's post, "In the end, the first episode of Border Wars proved to be a U.S. Border Patrol version of Cops." There was a lot of running around, illegal drugs, and even some confused children.

Honestly, why do these people want to cross the border illegally? The number of unauthorized immigrants living in the U.S. from 2000 to 2006 has increased by an estimated 37 percent according to the Department of Homeland Security. Where else can this show go too? Maybe we should preview a family that crosses legally and is treated unjustly. I'm sure this happens a lot.

No comments: