Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wachovia for over 10 Years


So for as long as I can remember, I've been with Wachovia for 10+ years. I mean I remember the good ol' First Union days. But then in September 2001, Wachovia Corporation, which grew from an institution founded in 1897, and First Union Corporation, whose history dates back to 1908, merged to create one of the nation's top financial holding companies. I really wonder now how my parents first heard of them?

Then I went to their web-site en español and saw the great coverage they market to Latinos. What I especially love is their Way2Save program.
It's probably saved me so many times over the last 2 years. It's simple and for someone who doesn't know how to save money, it's a great idea. Every time you use your check card, $1 gets automatically transferred into a savings account. You can also have an automatic payment deposited into the account every 2 weeks; anything from $5 - $100. I highly recommend this to anyone planning a trip or just saving money for emergencies.

No comments: