Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Hispanic College Fund...we need it!

I wonder what the number one reason why students don't go to college is? Is it just because, resources or is it the money? To be honest that wasn't a factor when I chose to go. I knew my parents weren't going to be able to pay anything but I still applied. Luckily my high school paid for most of the applications and I received a lot of scholarships. Although they weren't a lot, it still helped. That's why I appreciate the Hispanic College Fund.

It's their mission to help Latino. The Hispanic College Fund wants high school and college students to obtain college educations and professional careers. They are a nonprofit that promotes students to explore and enter careers in business, science, technology, engineering and math. Did I mention they have $3 million to give out? And yes it can happen. Just recently, a high school student from Bensalem, PA was awarded $5,000.

Money shouldn't play a big role deciding whether or not to go to college because it is out there. Just research and apply!

3 comments:

worldtraveler said...

This is definitely important!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey there!

Thank you for writing about our scholarships - we really appreciate your help in getting the word out!

- Anne Guarnera
Director of Communications
Hispanic College Fund

SHEepdog said...

This is great!