Monday, January 4, 2010

A Real Salsa Lounge


So sometimes we are all on the lookout for a lounge that is "us" and by us I mean Latino. Well after my weekend excursion I may have found it. Although there a million (and one) lounges, clubs, bars in New York City, the ones you hear by word of mouth are always the best.

Gonzalez & Gonzalez in the Village seems to have caught my attention.According to the NYC tourism web-site, "Gonzalez y Gonzalez offers delectable South of the Border cuisine in an unpretentious atmosphere." It's also a very large lounge/restaurant. You step in and see people eating at 11 p.m. but then go deeper and you find yourself surrounded by a live band, tropical drinks and a large bull head. And the music you ask? It's a perfect blend of reggaeton, salsa, merengue, bachata and everything else you can add.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder who recommended this palce to you? and it's technically in NOHO :)