Thursday, January 21, 2010

That Really Grinds My Gears...Losing something

No not that pervert. Clearly for the next 10 days I won't exist because I have misplaced my social security card and birth certificate. Probably one of the worst things someone can lose, I was panicing at first. Luckily I don't need them right away but for some reason I just thought, "Where are they?"

Thanks to the power of the web, I acted fast and read you don't have to go to your birth state to get a new birth certificate. You can order one from VitalChek, but at a price of course. They trick you because at first it's just $25, however, later on they add on so many fees it ends up costing $50. Social Security you ask? Just go online and print out the form and take it to your nearest S.S. office.

Friends. Never carry around your important documents, leave them in a safe place. *adm*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

smh. I realized that a long time ago which is why they are in a safe place. I hate that you don't get your "real" birth certificate, you have to go and get it.

worldtraveler said...

That's crazy. I would recommend a fire-proof safety lock box to keep them in