Thursday, December 10, 2009

That Really Grinds My Gears...Stress

Oh boy do I get stressed real fast. I don't even know what it is to be honest. I think my parent's genes somehow messed up my emotions and everything else. There have been studies about stress causing cancer but I doubt I'm that far. In fact, I just read a recent article stating the growing Latino population could place more stress on rural health care.

According to the article, "cultural differences and economic realities associated with those populations have created additional challenges for rural health care delivery systems that are already stretched thin. Experts warn, however, that society will have a high price to pay if access to medical and behavioral health care isn’t provided to immigrants regardless of their resident status."

So how do you handle stress? The easiest way is to "escape". Leave wherever you are and go to a calm setting; think about the happiest moments in your life and it'll work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whenever I'm stressed, I just do nothing...which doesn't really solve anything, but at least in the moment I am doing what I want on my own accord, lol