Monday, July 19, 2010

Huey Dunbar


Born to a Puerto Rican mother and a Jamaican father, Huey Dunbar was exposed to music since his earliest years due to his parents' musical careers. Unfortunately he left DLG in 2000 but has since then gone solo. And this past Saturday, he performed at Global Fusion Festival in Philadelphia. For some odd reason, he went on to talk about how he was disappointed with where he was during the "breakup" but is happy now. Not really sure why he would bring something up from 10 years ago but I guess the message was about being happy.

In my opinion he did (and maybe even still today) have one of the best voices in Latino music. With songs like "Yo Si Me Enamore" and "Volvere", you couldn't help but sing along to the lyrics. I'm glad he's also still making music. *Goes to LimeWire* What do you think about his career?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like how you're in the background of this pic! And I enjoy Huey, he had me singing along! I hope there is DLG at karaoke

Unknown said...

You know now that you say it there def is DLG at Q-ba! Tamika isn't going Thursday though. BOOOO!