Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What's wrong with Latinos...unfortunately

I'm all for Latino culture and developing Latinos and being equal with everyone else, but one day someone told me something interesting. Latinos don't exceed in life because we don't know how to prioritize. I told myself well yes we do...family is first right? Unfortunately NO! I know this sounds crazy but think about it. Growing up we were always told to never forget our family and where we came from. It's true, I don't doubt this, but we don't get anywhere because we start worrying about the care of others. We fall back in our goals because we want to make sure our brother, sister, mom, dad abuelita are okay and healthy. We forget to make sacrifices. I'm not saying completely forget about people, I'm just saying take a look in a mirror and you'll see who is the most important person in your life.

"The underdevelopment of state systems in most Latin nations led to the dependence on the family for support of the individual. " Don't you think there's something wrong with this. We depend on others. Our mothers are always saying, "Don't worry about it, I'll cook, clean, wash, etc." Yet when we get to college, we get shocked there's not one there to do it for us.

Be wise in the decisions you make in life.

No comments: