Monday, December 7, 2009

Will you work twice as hard?

The other day I tweeted the message below; random but I just felt like it needed to be said.
Of course there was that one person (who will remain anonymous) who said all minorities need to be equal. Of course I agree with "their" response but I replied back saying, "Latinos need to work twice as hard." She disagreed. Something wrong with this? Yes. Now I know "they" do not have that much experience nor have "they" even graduated yet. However, I find it hard to believe "they" don't think we need to work twice as hard. If we can forget about Greek life for a second we can realize that in the real world, people judge you by your sex, color and age. It doesn't matter where you are you will be judged...especially by Latinos.

Before we can unite with the rest of the population, I think we need to look at each other and stop complaining about every single thing.

No comments: