Monday, July 6, 2009

Dining - Tequila's


What can I say...this place has awesome food. For nearly twenty years, Tequila's has been serving excellent Mexican fare to the Rittenhouse neighborhood. A few years ago, the restaurant moved into its current location in a stately townhouse on Locust Street. Several dining rooms are individually decorated with murals, paintings and elegant lighting and furnishings.

Need a drink? Make sure to try one of their flavored margarita's; they have traditional, strawberry, mango and a few others. There was so much food to choose from I decided to go with the traditional sopa de tortilla which I highly recommend. Then for my main course I went with the Sabana Invierno de Pollo which is a chicken breast pounded and covered with refried beans and melted chihuahua cheese. It's also surroudned with an exquisite tomatillo sauce and vegetables.

1602 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103

(215) 546-0181
http://www.tequilasphilly.com

No comments: