Thursday, October 8, 2009

The American Dream


Someone sent me an e-mail earlier today to "share my experience" in the blog. The blog entitled What is the American Dream really got me thinking. Here were my thoughts:
The American Dream was brought to "our" generation from our parents. The American Dream was to give their children an opportunity they necessarily didn't get. A lot of Latinos have low paying jobs but their kids grow up to graduate college, get a masters degree and eventually become CEOs. The American Dream is to one day not be defined by our race or the color of our skin. We must believe in our own American Dream and not let anyone stop us. I am a Jersey-born Colombiano living in Philadelphia, PA and I have made my parents proud...that is my American Dream.
So what is your American Dream? Are you living it?

No comments: