Wednesday, October 14, 2009

When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong...Texting

So what happens when you put a bunch of Latinos together and a big screen where text messages appear together?? You get a lot of random messages. I first saw the Verizon text screen at Batanga Beach Break 07. Pretty cool idea if you think about it. You text a number provided and wait a few minutes and your message appears on the screen. "Shout out to Gamma Phi Sigma" or "Good luck sisters" would be the general messages but soon some interesting messages should appear.

Last night at the Philadelphia Hispanic Choice Awards the Verizon screen reappeared in my life. Although for some odd reason I couldn't text, the messages were getting a little too weird for me including the most awkward one, "I'm pregnant." Maybe it's a joke maybe it isn't but I just think people need to think before they send out messages to hundreds of people.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA! I'm pregnant though???