Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Accepted! A Latino leader in the making


As you all know I applied to be a part of the 2009/2010 Latino Leadership Institute...well I was accepted! From October 17th - February 2010 I will be taking Saturday morning courses that will eventually develop me into a (better) Latino leader. Courses include career development, grant writing and the history of Latinos in Philadelphia. Hopefully I can get more involved with the community here in Philadelphia and maybe even U.S. Latinos in general. For the 6 years I've been in Philly, I've seen nothing but positive things in our community including the first ever Latina to serve as councilperson and the first person of color serving as PPRA president.

So what does this all mean? It means you can do anything you want if you put your mind to it. Even with little or no support, surround yourself with positive people and listen to what they have to say.