Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Why Gamma Phi Sigma?


Fraternities and sororities, oh my!?!? What's the one thing you think of when those 2 words come to mind...most likely parties and drinking. However, THAT wasn't my reason for becoming a brother of Gamma Phi Sigma "Hermanos Unidos" Fraternity, Inc...it was the strolling LOL <--j/k j/k. Anyways, so why Gamma Phi Sigma? Because it was just right, it was my decision, it was ME. This story begins FA 99 when my brother pledged for La Unidad Latina/Lambda Upsilon Lambda Fraternity, Inc. I probably should've payed more attention but oh well haha. I just saw how it changed him for the better and how he would help out the community. Unfortunately I decided to attend Widener University my first year at school and there really was NO Latino presence. That wasn't the only reason why I transfered but it played a good part. Then came Temple University FA 03. Boy was I in for an adventure haha.

I actually met with two fraternities during my first semester at TU: LUL and GPS. My brother gave me some contacts and I did my thing with them. But then one random afternoon I met a brother of Gamma Phi Sigma; who else but Artistico haha. Oh those famous words, "Are you Latino?" (LOL) After hanging out with both organizations I finally made my decision and next thing you know I was "about" to pledge FA 03...luckily I held back and decided to wait.

Then came SP 04...*sigh* haha. It was the perfect time to pledge; shout out to Mike & Charlie! I made my choice and my brother was happy with it. It's funny though because to this day people still have "issues" with him being an LUL and vice versa. Egh who cares haha.

No comments: