Sunday, November 2, 2008

In less than una semana...

This Friday my fraternity will be hosting the 4th Annual Stroll Show. It's going to be crazy. We got 7 organizations competing with 3 other org's performing during the opening, intermission and closing part of the show.

Below are the list of org's and my "thoughts" of them over the past few years. hehe

Confirmed:
  • Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc.
    I think they were the first sorority I ever met, this was even before I pledged. Although we may have had our problems in the past (and maybe continue today), we are cool. I think we ALL got a lot closer after we won the Volleyball championship twice in a row at Batanga Beach Break Weekend.
  • Corazones Unidos Siempre/Chi Upsilon Sigma National Latin Sorority, Inc.
    Some of the coolest girls I've met are from this sorority. They are very laid back and always looking to collaborate with something. In fact, they were the first sandz I met...sorority wise. Shout out to SP 04!!!
  • Latino America Unida/Lambda Alpha Upsilon Fraternity, Inc.
    I haven't met too many of them but they seem cool. Most of the brothers that I've been in contact with are from West Chester but I think I'm Facebook friends with 2 more in Connecticut <--Random I know haha.
  • Sigma Lambda Upsilon/Señoritas Latinas Unidas Sorority, Inc.
    One of my personal favorites haha. SLU was the first sorority I ever met! I think I was 17 or 18 when I first met the Founding Sisters of SLU @ UMD. And it just so happens their chapter @ TU has one of my frat's letter's...remember GAMMA'D OUT haha. Plus they one of the few sororities I know where we can talk about ANYTHING, not just Greek life. We also shared the stage at SILK 7...we both claimed FIRST place!
  • Latinas Promoviendo Comunidad/ Lambda Pi Chi Sorority, Inc.
    I actually first met them earlier this year at Johns Hopkins University. Ever since then it's been love at first sight haha j/k. This will be their first year participating at our stroll show, hopefully it won't be their last!
  • Omega Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
    I'm going to be honest, I don't know many of them. *tear* But I think after the stroll show we are def going to be a lot closer haha. The first Beta I met was at SILK 7...shout out to Shaeina! Who remembers the Houston incident where I busted my a**.
  • Psi Sigma Phi Multicultural Fraternity, Inc.
    Def some of the coolest/realest guys I know. We are considered the "underdogs" for some odd reason but we def showed them at the SILK shows how we do. Our partners in crime, these guys def know how to party and know how to put on a show.

Other participating org's
  • Lambda Theta Phi Latin Fraternity, Inc.
    Again we all have had problems in the past, but we find a way to cope with them and come to an agreement. They are very different & unique because they don't step or stroll...they salute.
  • Gamma Phi Sigma "Hermanos Unidos" Fraternity, Inc.
    These guys are cool...they had me at hello LOL.
  • Delta Chi Psi Fraternity, Inc.
    I don't think I've ever met these guys but I know they are bound to surprise us at the show. Why? Because they are the ONLY non-Latino org to participate! One of their brothers sent me an e-mail stating they were "influenced" by all the Latino org's (at last year's show). Good luck fellas!

No comments: