Thursday, November 13, 2008

2 Types of Latinos

  1. The the Latino that's only interested in Latino culture
  2. The Latino that loves mainstream stuff.
So which one am I? Hell I'm both. I think that's what's wrong with some corporations. I recently spoke with a friend of mine (who has an advertising internship) and she told me some funny yet sad things.

I can't go deep into it but the main "point" was that by adding an African-American or Latino person to a commercial, the "brand" would appeal to that audience. Are you kidding me!? That's probably the worst idea. Hey let me give you an example of one of the worst campaigns I've ever seen:
_____________________________________________

Direct TV


This ad may not be as bad as what I'm going to tell you. I was watching something and out of no where a Direct TV commercial comes on...it was a fake Reggaeton artist "rapping" about Direct TV. I was immediately pissed off. Is that what you think we are? Is that all you think we listen to...sheeeesh. Note: I have Direct TV but it wasn't because of that commercial
_____________________________________________

Latinos enjoy anything and everything...especially if it's affordable; or free haha.

No comments: