Thursday, September 10, 2009

That Really Grinds My Gears...Cancer


So as simple as it sounds, I really really dislike cancer nowadays. Although it has not yet taken away someone close in my life, I still can't help that it surrounds me. First my Tia Fela was diagnosed with breast cancer years ago. Luckily it was in the early stages so she survived. Today my Tia Gloria is fighting breast cancer. The doctors only gave her 2 months but it's been over 1 year! Now a few days ago a fraternity brother found a tumor in his head and the cancer is spreading to his throat; he needs a 7 hour surgery then chemotherapy. Luckily he's a fighter and always has a smile on his face. I'm happy my aunt and him have good friends and family to support him.

Stay positive, stay strong.

1 comment:

Cindy Juarez Bustillo said...

I texted Vic the other day to tell him and now im telling you...i'm praying for him and ya'll!

My tia passed away from Cancer in 2007 and it was the most painful loss that I ever experienced.

I know God will take care of Ramon.

Blessings!