Monday, September 21, 2009

Back to Basics - Philly's Latino Men


In case you haven't noticed, Philly is sort of ran by Latinas. I mean I have no problem with that, I give a lot of credit to Councilwoman QuiƱones, she's a great person. But did you ever stop to think, "Where are those strong Latino leaders?" Growing up I really only had my father and brother. Then in college there wasn't anyone that stood out until I pledged. Unfortunately we are not all in college or able to pledge.

Join Back to Basics at their 3rd annual Latino Men Call to Action on Saturday, October 3rd, 2009. The theme for the day will be to get back to the way it used to be. Where people took care of people, when respect for people and property were the norm, when you truly were your brother’s keeper. The event will consist of entertainment, food, children’s activities, prizes and organizations providing information thru tables and kiosks. Last year over 1,200 men signed the pledge and the committee has set a goal of 2,500 for this year. The event will be from 2pm - 6 pm at 9th & Hunting Park.

No comments: