Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tell Us Your Story


A lot of our parents or maybe even grandparents immigrated from other countries. They all have their own unique story of struggle and success. Well now is your chance to tell that story. The Latino Broadcasting Company is launching a new project called the Immigrant Archive Project. This is an initiative to document the experiences and thoughts of Latino immigrants of all socio-economic backgrounds.

Although my parents may not be the most successful, I am fortunate enough to be their successful son. Was it their intention to not be the BEST in what they do but to have their sons do it? I'm not really sure. All I know is that I appreciate everything they have done for my brother and me.

If you want to submit your story or someone else's, hurry! They'll be in Washington DC from Tuesday, September 1st (yesterday)to Friday, September 4th to record the interviews. All interviews will be done at the Grand Hyatt (1000 H Street NW, Washington, D.C.).

No comments: