Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Remember our friends the Muppets

I'm not sure if it was my mom and/or dad whom introduced me to "los Muppets" but I sure do remember watching it. It was such an informational show that not only made me laugh but it also taught lessons. My personal favorite was Fozzie bear, not really sure why; maybe because he was equally as awkward as I am now haha.

If you were one of those people that grew up on it, coming in September the James A. Michener Art Museum in Doylestown, PA has just the thing for you. "Jim Henson's Fantastic World is the inaugural show in the Della Penna-Fernberger | Paton | Smith Galleries, the new exhibition space that is the center-piece of the Museum's $12 million expansion. This exhibition features 100 original artworks, including drawings, cartoons and storyboards that illustrate Henson's talent as a storyteller and visionary." You can also bring the kids along because I hear they'll have a muppet theater and interactive games.

James A. Michener Art Museum
138 S. Pine St.
Doylestown, PA 18901
215.340.9800

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Señor Loro said...

For Latino lovers of the Muppets, nowadays there's an underground show on the web which showcases edgy adult humor with Latino puppets. It's a variety show hosted by Señor Loro, Fidel Castro's ex-parrot: http://LosTiteres.TV