Thursday, August 6, 2009

That Really Grinds My Gears...Loud Cell Phone Convos

Why do people find it necessary to talk loudly in public areas? I don't mean like a store where there is constant noise; I mean places like a train or an elevator. I know sometimes the convo leads to bad signal leading you to talk loudly or maybe bad hearing but sometimes people are just rude. Not too long ago I was on the R7 SEPTA train and everyone was minding their own business until this woman picks up her phone and has an entire convo for about 2 stops. She doesn't say, "LET ME CALL YOU BACK," no she continues to talk and talk while everyone is looking at her. Thank you SEPTA for your quiet trains though.

Oh and p.s. If you are ever annoyed by someone talking on the phone loudly, ask politely or else THIS might happen to you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

lmao! a lot of loud ghetto ppl get on the R7 (my train btw) b/c the prisons are on that route: Holmesburg station

chela816 said...

My personal tactic is to act really interested in the person's conversation, sometimes even complete with reactionary facial expressions. Invariably I get a glare...and the person lowers their voice and turns away so I can't hear! haha Now why couldn't they just do that from the beginning?

Anonymous said...

I tell them to SHUT UP !! It works.