Monday, August 24, 2009

Miss Universe 2009

So for the first time this year the same country won Miss Universe (back to back years). Is this even possible? Who knows? However, everyone was very excited (on Twitter) that 3 out of 5 finalists were Latina.

I believe it was similar last year but this year the finalists were Miss Venezuela, Miss Puerto Rico, Miss Dominican Republic, Miss Australia and Miss Kosovo. I believe we all knew a Latina was going to win but we didn't know which country. Even fans who voted in an online poll thought Latinas were going to take it. Although I believe Miss Dominican Republic should have taken the crown, it was Miss Venezuela.

And sorry to all my Puerto Rican friends, she placed 4th; I believe it was due to her ridiculous boxing outfit in the beginning of the show.

No comments: