Thursday, March 12, 2009

Watchmen...or Deeper Meaning Behind it


I almost forgot to leave my Watchmen review :). I understand why people didn't think it was "great" but it was actually pretty good. I think a lot of people expected it to be Marvel-ish but then again that's stupid because it's clearly a DC flick and from the preview you should've known it was going to be different.

So why did I like it?! Because I saw a deeper meaning behind it. The "smile" and "sacrifice" was what I liked. I'm always interested in "alternate" universe's as well. And remember, these were ordinary heroes who like anyone grow old, they aren't invincible; well Dr. Manhattan is. It also proved something that I think will actually happen...that humans will eventually destroy each other.

It won't be a comet/asteroid, natural disaster, etc. we will eventually cause our own destruction. And it's unfortunate that damned "Adrian" got away with it, and he could. In order to bring peace to the world, sacrifices had to be made; in this case it was NYC which obviously was bold.

Overall, when you watch a movie, don't just watch it because of the action or adventure, watch it because you know there's a reason behind the plot.

3 comments:

Monica said...

Great review. Looking forward to this one... but gave up movies for lent. So until later ... :)

crYstal said...

very good review...one of my friends told me it gave her nightmares after watching it haha...so that's my reason why I will not be going to see that movie :].

Anonymous said...

this movie has a deeper meaning in te sence of the new world order symbolism is the pyermaids and sacrficing people to unite the world blue guy being the anti christ its a very good film i liked it but its sad that al movies are starting to have these political views and NWO plots illumanti