Thursday, March 5, 2009

That Really Grinds My Gears...E-mails or Phones?


So what type of person are you? Let's say I was on deadline and needed something ASAP, should I e-mail or call you? How about I just storm into your office and request it. I've come to the realization that people need to get with the times, it's 2009 people. Over and Over I've heard people saying, reach my by e-mail...it's faster. Obviously the 2nd best choice is phone, nothing clears tension more than a phone convo...actually face-to-face contact does.

However, what if you are the type of person that doesn't like to be bothered? You know, the type of person where they give you this wtf-are-you-doing-here face. Here's an interesting story for you:
  • I ask, "Did you get my e-mail?"
  • You say, "No"
  • I continue, "What about my urgent voicemail?"
  • You say, "I haven't gotten to that all day."
  • I think, "WTF are you doing all day then?!"
Speaking of phone conversations...I haven't heard from parents in 2 days, they must think I hate them. :-\

No comments: