Thursday, March 24, 2011

My identity

A week ago I spoke at a Temple University class about being Latino in Philadelphia. I spoke about my experiences going to Temple University, working at Taller Puertorriqueño, the Philly tourism office and being in the position I am in now.

The past 8 years have been crazy. My friend said it best, "I saw Eric go from a super Greek working at Lids to a professional Latino." It wasn't easy, but I'm glad to have met everyone I have crossed paths with.

What will the next 10 years be like? One can only lead by example. I will try my best to help my community, my culture and myself. Because like my boss always says, "The only person concerened with your happiness is you." And besides, I have to thank Philly for helping me discover who I am. And who am I? A 27 year-old Jersey born Colombiano doing his thing in Philly.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments: