Thursday, March 3, 2011

141 miles for cancer awareness


The other day I read about an amazing venture my fraternity brother Eric Stephenson is planning on achieving this month. Stephenson plans on walking an estimated 40 hours From Connecticut to Philadelphia, PA. Leaving from his job in the early morning of Thursday, March 24, and arriving in Philadelphia late Friday evening to join the Temple University crew at Relay for Life. Talk about devotion and raising awareness for cancer.

Here's an excerpt from Eric's story about our hermano Ramon:

  • Ramon was diagnosed with a rare form of brain cancer in the summer of 2009, right before my last year at Temple. Each month following, his body seemed to be deteriorating to the point that he was almost unrecognizable. I try to think that I did my best to always be there for him and his family with anything they needed, but I find myself always doubting and telling myself I should have done more.

    It only took 1 year for the cancer to consume him. In August of 2010, Ramon passed away at the age of 23 in Springfield, MA from a rare form of cancer known as esthesioneuroblastoma. For the last few days of his life, I was by his bedside.

No comments: