Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The joys of working in Latino Philadelphia

Most people don't get to see the fruits of your labor because it's a completely different industry. I was one of the few people in the communications school at Temple University in my group of friends. This is why I always get the "so what do you do at work" question. Nonetheless, I shouldn't have to prove what I do but because I'm in public relations, it's hard to stamp things.

More reason why I should blog about my success stories! In this months Where Traveler (Philadelphia) magazine, they list Latino information. This is probably the first time the magazine lists information from El Centro de Oro (Philly's Latino neighborhood). I took the writer, Karen Gross, out for lunch at El Bohio and showed her around the neighborhood. Like everyone, she loved the change and how different it feels.

My conclusion from working 2.5 years "here": Latinos love mainstream activities and Americans (non-Latino) love the Latino activities. There you have it haha.

No comments: