Friday, September 10, 2010

Tek Lado Launch Fiesta

I'm going to be honest, I love technology. I'm not saying I know HTML, Cisco, Mobile Apps, etc...but I do love using it. That's why I'm excited about the upcoming launch of Tek Lado. Tek Lado is a technology and pop culture magazine for the new bilingual generation. The premiere issue of this Philadelphia-based publication hits the stands on Sept. 22, 2010, in paper form, and they are in the process of modifying the website.

These days one would think launching a full-color magazine would be outrageous. But nope, they are doing it! According to a post on TechincallyPhilly.com, "20,000 32-page inaugural issues will land in honor boxes, cafes, bars, restaurants and waiting rooms throughout the region on Sept. 22, with plans to move to every other month in 2011. Funded by advertising and supported strictly by freelance contributions, the magazine will be free and pick-up only." And to be honest, just because it's Hispanic based does not mean it's strictly Hispanic! You'll see artist bio's, culture, events, devices, etc.

The Hispanic Market, I believe, is one of those areas people are still not attempting to tap into. Believe me the research is out there! Also, if you're interested in the launch party, visit tek-lado.com for more information and how to get involved. I think the gente of Latism would appreciate this magazine.

No comments: