Thursday, March 11, 2010

What Went Wrong


I can't believe my eyes (ears) when I read about a black man calling Latinos "imposters". You heard that right. Los Angeles Angels center fielder Torii Hunter says he meant no harm toward Latino players when he referred to them as "impostors" while discussing the number of African-Americans in the major leagues but it seems a little fishy. I know sports players aren't the best spokepeople but you have to be careful what you say when you're in the eye's of the media all the time; especially USA Today.

I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it in a negative way but you know how that goes. It's like having casual conversations with friends and you refer to a group as "them". We all know what you're talking about. Do you think he meant it in a negative way or just an idiot move?

No comments: