Monday, February 9, 2009

What do you mean I need a Passport?!


So after my good friend Charlie told me about our planned DR trip, I realized...PASSPORT!? What a hassle I tell you. First I had to find my old passports because according to U.S. Dept of State's Travel web-site, I could go two route; either renew or get a completely new one.

Here were the guidelines for renewing:

If Your Most Recent U.S. Passport...
  • Is available to submit and not damaged
  • Was issued when you were age 16 or older
  • Was issued within the last 15 years
  • Was issued in your current name (or you can legally document your name change)
Once you find out if you can renew or not, you have to find some important documents...like your birth certificate (which I was stressing about). Then you have to get 2 passport photos taken...another journey.

So I urge you, even if you are not traveling, this is another form of I.D., so act fast! Oh, I almost forgot, be sure to have $100 ready.

No comments: