Thursday, February 19, 2009

That Really Grinds My Gears...Common Courtesy

So this has always been a pet peeve of mine but people should know better. Common courtesy needs to be addressed with some people. There are a lot I can name but here are two that really "grind my gears."
  1. Saying "Bless you" after a sneeze followed with the "You're Welcome" and vice versa. I mean come on now. It has nothing to do with religion but here I am working hard and *sneeeze*. Now awkward silence. The worst is when I continuously say "Bless you" to the person over and over and they have NEVER ever said it to me.
  2. How about after I hold the door you have the decency to say "THANK YOU". I went out of my way to hold the door for you and not slam it in your face. It's worse when there are two doors near each other and the person you hold the door for doesn't even look at you. I should just slam the second door and not even look back.
I hope that at least some of you reading this actually agree with me. Remember, it pays to be polite.

No comments: