Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Is life meant to be stable?

Ever want to just get up and leave? I don't mean literally but sometimes I wonder how life would be like somewhere else. I've seen a lot of people get up and leave to other countries and the other side of the nation to start another life. Yet I see other people or become comfortable with how they are leaving. Then there are those who are forced to stay (i.e. you got somewhat pregnant).

Anyways, I always tend to wonder why I don't just find a job in L.A., Miami or even Colombia; but then I stop to think about it. As if life isn't already difficult, starting a whole new life where I basically know no one can be a little scary. Reason number two, I need to be close to the parents. Yes it's torture every now and then but you have to admit you love them. I know everyone's different but my parent's came to the U.S. to give my brother and I a better life. What would it look like if I just got up and left?

I just have to remember it's my life. The decisions I make will remain mine with no regret. Don't worry, I'm not saying I'm going to move somewhere far (from Philly) anytime soon. I'm only saying it could be a possibility. I mean am I to say I will say no to a job offer in Costa Rica? Colombia? Miami? Maybe. Maybe not. Only time will tell.

No comments: