Friday, December 23, 2011

The holidays con familia y amigos

The holidays are pretty much the same every year, but you always want to do something different. So what I just said made no sense right? The idea is to spend time with your family and real close friends and celebrate the year. Although 2011 wasn't what I expected, I'm putting it all behind and hoping for a better 2012. Christmas is always a weird time because you think people are expecting gifts and what not, but the holiday isn't meant to be about gifts; that's just what America did to it.

And then there's New Years. Growing up it would always be a family function but then I realized it was supposed to be a huge party with friends! Although sometimes I feel bad I haven't spent NYE with family in years, it's okay...that's what Christmas is for right? I try not to drink so much before 12 a.m. because I can get very emotional and that's a no-no these days. But after 12:05 a.m. it's all fair game. Sure I'd like to watch some fireworks in Philadelphia, but I'd rather watch it on TV somewhere warm with mis amigos. Then there's a NYC celebration....hhmmmmm?

No comments: