Monday, July 11, 2011

Sin nombre y sin vida


I've been watching way too many indie films on Netflix lately. The worst part is that they sort of have a "emotional" sad ending. Just yesterday I watched Sin Nombre and although it sounds bad, it made me feel a whole lot better about my life. The movie talks about some of the trials and tribulations immigrants face when attempting to cross the border. It may sound easy but there are hundreds of other obstacles they must go through even before reaching the border.

Add in a love story and you're bound to get some interesting dialogue. What I liked about the movie was the unexpected meeting of a Mexican gang member and a Honduran girl who just wanted to live. The train ride to the Mexican/Texas border brings drama, tears and the fight for survival; the fight for a better life. The sad part is that a lot of people don't know these things happen everyday. Sin Nombre gets two thumbs up from me. Just be sure to grad your tissue for those tears :).

No comments: