Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Opinion: My ideal community

After celebrating the 4th of July in Philadelphia and spending a long weekend with good people, I somehow can't come to a conclusion about how I feel about my life right now. Okay I'm not trying to complain but I had a lot to think about. This was the most I have celebrated July 4th activities since I was in college and to be honest it was fun. However, as I looked around the celebrations, there was something missing...my community. But what exactly is my community?

My community consists of intelligent people who like to have fun with their lives and don't think negatively all the time. Sure I come across a lot of negative people but like anyone else, I'd rather be around positive minded folk. My community likes and appreciates their own culture but is open to learning about others. My community doesn't just work and go home, work and go home, work and go home; my community enjoys activities outside their normal lives. For the last few years a lot of my friends have moved on to other cities yet I'm still here. Not to knock Philadelphia down, but I foresee myself somewhere else in 5 years.

I'm glad to have met these individuals for the past eight years. I've met some great people from various schools around the area (especially Temple University), my past and present employers and the various other communities in the area. Hopefully I get to keep these relationships for the rest of my life. There's a lot going on right now that most of you don't know but in due time I'll overcome this adversity. Hasta pronto.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel you on so many levels!