Wednesday, July 27, 2011

All inclusive destination?

When someone says "all inclusive" I expect that to mean I won't be spending a dime on anything during my trip. Last week I was in Cancun, MX for a destination wedding. The Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort was nice but not what I expected. There was this weird "point" system and if you didn't reserve it in advance you were basically screwed. Some people were saying you didn't have to tip the hotel workers but somehow I felt weird not tipping them at all.

I have to say the Mexican (I'm sure they all are) workers in the Moon Palace are the hardest working people I've ever seen. Working long hours in the sun and trying to make everyone happy is a difficult job to have. However, there were plenty of times that I noticed some customers were very unhappy. Not sure what was wrong but some things that were promised I'm sure were not fulfilled.

Although the pools were also nice, it would have been better if we enjoyed the beach. I saw red flags but no one mentioned why the beaches were closed. Jellyfish? Contaminated water? Egh. And there's no reason why we should have to take shuttles all across the resort. Although they were labeled, these shuttles seem to be confused at times on where they were headed to. Did I mention the 10 minute drive in and out of the resort?! Sheeesh.

No comments: