Thursday, July 7, 2011

Entre nos we'll grow strong


I'm definitely a sucker when it comes to overcoming obstacles in life. There are many of us who complain and complain about life, work, family, friends, love yet we fail to realize how much there is in front of us. I recently saw Entre Nos and it's unbelievable. Entre Nos is the story about a mother and her two children whom recently moved to New York City because of the father. Weeks later the father leaves to Miami and of course doesn't take the others. Now mom, Gabriel and Andrea are left alone to look for a place to live and survive in a world unknown to them.

This movie talks about family, immigration, health among other things. As I watched it I couldn't help but think about two things: the love for food and family. Why food? Because it seems as though it was always the empanadas that brought the family together. Even with two kids who couldn't really support themselves, the mother didn't give up and found strength. And at some point, one of the children was able to step up and realize they needed to help. With no where to go, they realized they only had each other. I give this movie two thumbs up because not only did it make me cry (lol) but it gave me strength to move on.

No comments: