Monday, June 27, 2011

What if Carmen called you?

There's a thin line between racism and comedy and somehow "Carmen Calls" seem to grab everyone's attention. A national syndicated radio show, Carmen calls everyday people like you and me and pretty much just annoys the crap out of them. If the other person hangs up, Carmen is right there calling back with, "Hello this is Carmen, I believe we were disconnected." Hilarious much?

Sure there is some racism behind some (if not most) of her calls, but you have to give it to her, somehow we have been sucked into this mass media world where we need this in the morning. I probably couldn't have picked a worse example than the one below, but I figured we all need laughter in our lives. I have to wonder as well, what if Carmen called me/you?

No comments: