Friday, July 2, 2010

Movie Review: The Last Airbender

I'm not really sure what M. Night Shyamalan was thinking when he directed the Last Airbender but it surely was a disappointment. Everyone and I mean everyone was excited about this movie but in the end it was a big ol' failure. What could quite possibly save this movie? The effects maybe? Sure "bending" water, fire, earth and air is awesome, but when you have horrible actors mixed with awkward messaging, you can't win.

I never really watched the show but did pay attention so the storyline and some episodes. Luckily my fraternity brother is a huge fan and told me the story line and even some name pronunciation was completely changed. It also doesn't help when you have "Caucasian" actors acting as Chinese characters. And why is the fire nation all "dark-skinned"? Either way, I don't see Mr. Shyamalan directing the next two flicks. Big fat fail.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Noooooooooooooo I so wanna see this!!! :(