Monday, June 14, 2010

Jarritos are Winning My vote


Ah yes, I finally had a Jarrito! Although I usually do not like drinking soda, this was actually quite refreshing. May I add there are 11 flavors for you to choose from!? The word jarrito means "jugs" in Spanish and refers to the Mexican tradition of drinking water and other drinks in clay potter jugs. Jarritos comes in 12.5 and 20-ounce glass and plastic as well as 1.5 liter bottles. They are also one of the few soft drinks in the United States containing actual sugar cane rather than the controversial high fructose corn syrup.

Does anyone know where to get them? Luckily I ate lunch at Distrito last Saturday and there was an entire wall full of them. I hope to be able to taste every flavor; there's even a "Jamaica" flavor which is pretty awkward yet intriguing. Of course the one I tasted at Distrito was fruit punch; so far...Jarritos is winning :).

P.S. Don't forget about the contest!

No comments: