Friday, February 3, 2012

The Latino List

Why am I just hearing about hearing about "The Latino List"? Maybe it's because I didn't have any TV/cable back in 2011 lol. Anyways. This Latino (celebrity) List is part of an HBO documentary series which explores what exactly it means to be Latino in the U.S. today. Makes sense since the Census came out with their exciting results. However, most of the stories highlighted are sad which then again makes sense. Growing up in the 50s, 60s and 70s probably wasn't the best for new arrivals. John Leguizamo, Gloria Estefan, Pitbull, U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez are just a few Latinos interviewed.

I wonder if they had a follow up in 20 years would the theme still be the same? Most of the interviewers took place during the whole SB1070 debate in Arizona as well. Identity is a huge issue in the Latino community. Last night there was a #Latism discussion and people were going in! I digress. I wonder where I can find The Latino List book as well? Saw it on Twitter of course.


The Latino List from Latino List on Vimeo.

No comments: