Thursday, February 9, 2012

Continuing our education

As I apply for graduate school at St. Joseph's University I couldn't help but notice the lack of scholarships. I know they are out there but it's very difficult. Luckily I found La Unidad Latina Foundation (LULF). The LULF was established in 1999 to serve as an independent, non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to educational achievement and civic empowerment in the Latino community.

The scholarships are available to undergraduate and graduate students. Educational scholarships are awarded to Hispanic students on a competitive basis and range from $250 to $1000. I certainly plan on applying but have to wait and complete one full semester. Luckily they also have two deadlines; one in the Spring and in the Fall. So if you're in need of financial aid, apply now!

P.S. For those interested in other funding opportunities mi amiga is blogging about some at emmania-travels.blogspot.com.

No comments: