Wednesday, January 11, 2012

How do you say donuts in Spanish?

So how do you say donuts in Spanish? Doesn't really matter because if you can say Dunkin' Donuts then you're one step closer to film their new commercial. According to a Miami New Times article, "Dunkin' Donuts is conducting a search for the ultimate 'hispanic Dunkin' Donuts coffee fan to appear in one of the brand's Hispanic television advertisements.'" Sounds like my dad would be perfect. The casting is being conducted by a local independent franchise group based in south Florida.

I wish Philadelphia would do something cool like this. In fact, I never see any type of mainstream brand do anything even remotely Latino in Philadelphia. The trends I am noticing are, "Can you put in touch with the Latinos in Philadelphia?" Really? Put me in touch?! Then there's no investment, it's just capitalizing on what already exists. Smh. Anyways. So if you're in Miami tomorrow be sure to stop by Dunkin Donuts Kendall on 12930 SW 120th Street between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. I could sure use an old fashioned donut right about now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My family (Mexican) always said "donas" to refer to doughnuts lol.