Thursday, January 19, 2012

Colombia or bust!

Fundraiser alert! My good pal Tony Rocco has taken upon himself to teach kids something other than what they learn in school. Rocco's program Photography Without Borders is a collaboration between his students in La Florida, Colombia and those he teaches at Stetson Charter School here in Philadelphia. The students use photography and the internet to create a cross-cultural dialogue.

This summer Rocco plans on taking his Philadelphia kids to Colombia to experience something most of the kids haven't. They will meet the Colombian students and basically learn about each other. But the trip can't be made possible without your support. That's why on Friday, February 10 the kids are inviting everyone for a night of bowling (and food)! For $20 you'll get shoes, appetizers, pizza and more. Tickets are sold in advance but can also be purchased day of. See you there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have not checked in here for some time since I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are good quality so I guess I'll add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it my friend :)
Raybestos ABS570078 Anti-Lock Brake System Modulator