Friday, April 30, 2010

Career is Life

Earlier today I spoke on a Latin American Studies (LAS) Career Day panel at Temple University. This was the second time I spoke on it and again I feel like I helped out some people. The panel was diverse in a way that a major/minor in Latin American Studies can take you in so many directions. Whether marketing, immigration, teaching or even social advocacy, studying LAS is a great opportunity.

It was interesting because although I studied journalism, I know work in public relations. So how does this all fit in? Well without knowing who I am culturally in the U.S., how can I market to Latinos in the U.S.? That's the connection in a nutshell. No matter what you study or what you want to do, be sure it's something you LOVE to do and something you would do for the rest of your life for free.

No comments: