Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Philadelphia's More Divertido

Credit: Photo by B. Krist for GPTMC

So I normally wouldn't do this but I just had to. I guess I was attempting to figure out what I would do with my parents when they come and visit in the Spring/Summer, then I came across all the Spanish-speaking attractions Philly has to offer.

Yes my parents like to do it the "American" way but come on I don't want to explain EVERYTHING to them. Of course these attractions include the Liberty Bell, Independence Visitor Center, etc. but I had no clue Eastern State Penitentiary has a written transcript people can follow while listening in English. And as much as I wouldn't want to pay an extra $5 to help my parents, even the Phila. Zoo has a tour guide readily available for español tours, just be sure to book in advance.

For the complete list you can check out the pressroom.

So if you ever plan your visit to Philly with the parents and don't want to translate everything, be sure to take them to the locations above. And if you really don't want to do any work, take them to El Centro de Oro haha.

No comments: