Monday, April 23, 2012

Hustling on Dancing with the Philadelphia Stars

Photo courtesy phillychitchat.com.
Yes after 10 long weeks the Dancing with the Philadelphia Stars is finally over. And although my hustle to "Moves Like Jagger" did not win, I was very happy to support BrownStonePR and the Sickle Cell Disease Association of America, Philadelphia/Delaware Valley Chapter. For the first time ever I wasn't nervous performing in front of hundreds of people. Dan Gross put it oh so lightly in his column, "Councilwoman Marian B. Tasco DROP-ped it like it’s hot and charmed the crowd and judges during her cha-cha to win Sunday’s Dancing with the Philadelphia Stars event at the Crystal Tea Room." Although I'm a bit disappointed my Philly Latino community did not attend, I had fun hearing cheers from a crowd who had no clue who I was. Congrats to the councilwoman and the rest of the participants.

Special shout outs to:

  • Megan Smith - You sure do put on good events ;). Thanks for putting up with all our personalities. Your costume idea was a hit with everyone.
  • Kate from the Society Hill Dance Academy (SHDA) - My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
  • Collen from the SHDA - We rehearsed for two days and in the end the routine went flawless. Smile more? I was smiling the whole time! Forget what the judges said lol.

No comments: