Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Reflection on an extended weekend


17 years ago I went to Colombia to visit my dad's side of the family and fell in love. Today my prima @ElectricMagda visited the United States and took a nation-wide tour hitting Vegas, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, NJ/NY and Miami. It was the first time someone from my father's side of the family visited and I must say it was a blast. Even for just two days, I was so happy to meet (again) her and just talk about random things. Everything from family to "did you knows" and life reflections.

Hearing a completely different (and similar) opinion about various family issues made me appreciate things even more. Remember, you can change your friends but family is forever. Only 2.5 years older than me, I appreciated all her stories and fun vibe she brought. Life is definitely too short to hold back and just complain. My cousin brought a bright and positive vibe into my life. Even though it was only for two days, it helped out a lot. We did the whole history tour, ate a cheestesteak, ran up the Rocky steps (or tried), shopped at King of Prussia mall and ended with a wonderful happy hour/karaoke night. Thank you Magda for these two days I'll never forget :).


1 comment:

AC said...

No love for big brother Adrian for taking care of the logistics...smh...lol