Monday, November 28, 2011

An intern reunion


A few weeks ago I attended the Department of Labor - Office of Public Affair's (DOL/OPA) intern reunion in Philadelphia. It was great seeing some familiar faces and people working in the industry and even knowing they took part in the same internship I had. According to the DOL, "Since the start of the program in 2003, the office has provide learning opportunities to nearly 40 college interns from colleges throughout the Philadelphia metropolitan area, including The University of Pennsylvania, Temple, Drexel and Rutgers." 

I would like to thank Leni and the rest of the DOL team because if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be in my Telemundo Philadelphia chair right now :). The OPA internship was my first approach at public relations and outreach. Considering my major was journalism, it was the start of my journey to the other side (or as some call it the dark side).  Some of the past interns now work in great leadership positions including city government, corporate communications and more. Moral of the story: take the internship!

No comments: