Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Video: Philadelphia's Puerto Rican History

Let's just get this out the way and avoid further awkwardness, I'm not Puerto Rican. I've lived in Philadelphia 8 years and there have been some instances where the community has confused me. Anyways, I do however appreciate Philadelphia's Latino culture; Mexican, Puerto Rican, Dominican and everything else that surrounds this city. I appreciate even more the hidden stories that no one really knows about.

I recently saw the documentary below posted by Gilberto G. and thought this is what people need to see. The history of not just Latinos but Puerto Ricans in Philadelphia. This project is funded by several Latino leaders in the area and will be released in 2012. Enjoy the clip below!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you Gilberto Gonzalez, you showed the beginning of the true story of Green Street, Spring Garden, Callowhill, Street, Mount Vernon and much more. Love you my brother, God bless you!!!